For 4 people
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 loaf baguette
- 4 oz mozzarella di bufala
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cut off and dispose of the broccoli rabe stems.
- Boil plenty of water in a large pot.
- Peel the garlic and slice it into 3 pieces.
- Slice the baguette and mozzarella di buffala to your desired thickness.
- Put a pinch of salt in a pot of boiling water and add the prepared broccoli rabe. Boil for about 4 minutes. Make sure to keep them a little chewy. Save some cooking water and drain.
- While boiling the broccoli rabe, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry until the garlic is browned.
- Put the drained broccoli rabe in the skillet. Be careful as the oil splashes.
- Add the saved cooking water and sauté for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- During this time, lightly toast the sliced baguette and place the mozzarella on it and then the cooked broccoli rabe.
- Sprinkle olive oil (quality is important!) and sea salt to finish.