For 2 people
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c leeks (or 2-3 leeks)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut off the dark green part and the root part of the leeks, cut the leeks in half lengthwise, and rinse well to remove sand and soil. Slice them crosswise into 1/2 inch width.
- Strip and save the thyme leaves from the stems.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a saucepan, and sauté the cut leeks with a pinch of salt.
- When it's cooked well and softened (about 10 minutes), remove it from the heat and add thyme to mix.
- Transfer the leeks to two ovenproof bowls or ramekins and make a dent in the center.
- Break the egg into the dent and pour the cream around the egg.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the eggs are as firm as you like.
- Serve with a piece of toast and enjoy!